Breaking News
  • May 31Don't forget to turn in books, textbooks, Chromebooks, and pay any fines before the last day!
  • May 312024 yearbook distribution at the activities window
  • May 21Check out our print archives to view El Rodeo newspapers from 2007-2019!
  • May 3Graduation June 8th at ELAC!!
  • April 18Join the 2024-2025 El Rodeo Staff!! Talk to your counselor
The Student News Site of El Rancho High School, Pico Rivera, CA, 90660

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

Polls

Are you ready for graduation and the last day of school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Honoring Heroes: The Mobile Vietnam Memorial Wall in Pico Rivera

Locally known Smith Park is hosting The Mobile Vietnam Memorial Wall, a half-scaled replica of the famous Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington D.C.  The tribute that honors the fallen heroes through different illustrations is now on display from May 24 to May 27.

This ceremonial monument is a reminder of the sacrifices made by 58,300 men and women during the Vietnam War. The names of the lost lives or missing people are engraved on the Wall and appear as a sign of dedication and bravery of those who served the U.S. during the rough time.

The perennial opening ceremony on Friday, May 24 at 6:30 p.m. began with a speaker to introduce the significance of the day to remember the veterans. Throughout the weekend, locals are invited to partake in the Candlelight Ceremony on Saturday, May 25, allowing a time for remembrance and complete silence.

The accessibility to the public is one of the most important aspects of the Mobile Vietnam Memorial Wall.  Being a 24-hour tribute, the Wall allows visitors to pay their respects no matter the time of day. It is great for those moments of silence, gratitude, and prayers to the families affected.

The atmosphere and attendance of the Mobile Vietnam Memorial Wall in Pico Rivera is more than just a display.  Those who served the country with honor and bravery are portrayed through this monument, bringing individuals to honor the sacrifices given for the sake of freedom.

As the locals gather around this ceremonial monument, let those take a moment of reflection on the commitment and courage of the heroes who served in the Vietnam War.  May their sacrifices be remembered, and their legacy live on in the hearts of everyone who visits the Mobile Vietnam Memorial Wall in Pico Rivera