Breaking News
  • May 31Don't forget to turn in books, textbooks, Chromebooks, and pay any fines before the last day!
  • May 312024 yearbook distribution at the activities window
  • May 21Check out our print archives to view El Rodeo newspapers from 2007-2019!
  • May 3Graduation June 8th at ELAC!!
  • April 18Join the 2024-2025 El Rodeo Staff!! Talk to your counselor
The Student News Site of El Rancho High School, Pico Rivera, CA, 90660

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

Polls

Are you ready for graduation and the last day of school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Mrs. Zeko’s Retirement: A Legacy of Dedication and Inspiration

After 29 years of dedicated service at El Rancho High School, Mrs. Zeko, an esteemed English teacher, is bidding farewell to her beloved sophomore students and colleagues as she embarks on a new chapter: retirement. With a remarkable career spanning over two decades, Zeko leaves a legacy of passion, commitment, and unwavering support for her students.

Throughout her illustrious tenure, Zeko’s love for teaching and mentoring young minds has been evident to all who have known her. Her genuine enthusiasm for her students and subject matter has made her a beloved figure within the school community. “I love teaching sophomores who are the perfect age,” Zeko said. “They’re not too cool to play the games, but they’re not so young that they’re super squirrely. So I think it’s a great age to have fun in the classroom and do a lot of games and activities.”

Zeko’s journey into teaching was deeply rooted in her family background, as both her parents were educators. Her unwavering dedication to her students and her profession has been a source of inspiration for many. Despite initially aspiring to be a journalist, Zeko ultimately found her true calling in the classroom, where she could make a profound impact on the lives of her students.

As she bid goodbye to her teaching career, Zeko expressed her gratitude for the cherished memories and relationships she has formed over the years. “I’m going to miss the spirit of the kids. They bring a lot of joy. I will miss my colleagues. I will miss doing the gadabouts, the travel club. Those are the things I’ll miss,” Zeko said.

However, Zeko’s retirement is not just about bidding farewell to the classroom; it’s also about embarking on new adventures. She enthusiastically shared her plans to walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain, a journey that symbolizes her quest for peace, purpose, and self-discovery. Moreover, she looks forward to pursuing hobbies such as biking and swimming and engaging in activities like crossword puzzles and jigsaw puzzles with her partner, Mr. Zeko. Together, they are ready to embrace the joy and freedom that retirement brings.

Reflecting on her collaborative partnership with Mr. Zeko, her co-pilot, throughout her career, Zeko expressed deep appreciation for his unwavering support and camaraderie. “I want to thank Mr. Zeko for always supporting whatever scheme I came up with. He was always by my side and supporting it, doing with me, or pulling me along,” she said.

While the El Rancho High School community will dearly miss Zeko, her impact and influence will continue to resonate for years to come. Her genuine care for her students and her commitment to nurturing not just their minds, but their overall growth as individuals, have left an indelible mark on the school. As she sets out on this new chapter, we celebrate Zeko’s remarkable career and wish her all the best in her well-deserved retirement. We are inspired by her dedication and grateful for the positive changes she has brought to our community.

View Comments (2)
Donate to El Rodeo
$525
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of El Rancho High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.