Opinion: Getting tested every week is a good idea

February 18, 2022

At the beginning of the semester, the number of covid cases was high but they have now decreased and everything seems to be more under control. Attending school in these conditions can be dangerous for large breakouts, but everything has been kept under control with El Rancho’s new weekly testing policy.

Getting tested is very important to prevent the virus from spreading extensively on campus. 

Before coming back to school, students were required to COVID test to make sure we were covid free. This was good because a lot of us students visited other places where there was a possibility of getting the virus. The test made sure we were all safe to come back. 

I think this is a good idea because it can help keep the number of cases down and it keeps everyone safe and it does make me feel glad that the school is trying to keep everyone safe.

When it comes to vaccines, tests, and just the virus in general everyone has their own perspective. This wave of viruses has fewer deaths because of the progress in research but it is more contagious. This is why the schools decided to stay open because they know how to handle the situation better. After all,  we know more about the virus. 

There are also some people who are unvaccinated due to health reasons or personal choices. The vaccines help the body fight against the virus and it adds more protection to us but not everyone thinks the same. 

Some students are more protected than others and having the vaccine reduces the chances of catching the virus. Not everyone is vaccinated so the tests help catch the virus before it has the chance to spread. 

I do think however that as time goes by and the more we do it may get a bit irritating having to do it over and over but overall it is a good way to keep everyone safe.