ASB and Yearbook can they pull it off?

September 6, 2022

Just when ASB students thought they had their plates full, here comes the responsibility of creating the yearbook. 

When entering each school year,  ASB students understand what they are signing up for. Long days filled with poster making, meetings, and setting up school activities to make school a little more fun. But they were far from prepared to add on the responsibilities that a usual yearbook class had. 

El Rancho ASB is now combined with yearbook during the fourth period. Typically ASB was a separate class during fourth period and Yearbook was during fifth by Mr. Crone. Six to seven kids were originally in Yearbook and everyone except Rosie Barrios dropped when ASB and Yearbook combined.

Senior Rosie Barrios originally signed up strictly to work in yearbook. She decided to stay in the newly combined ASB Yearbook class because of her indifference to the new schedule. Barrios said, “Overall I’m getting there, I am working on adjusting my schedule.” 

ASB advisor Mr. Jesus Magdaleno said, “Currently the status is pending on when we will be receiving cameras and proper training.” The good news is that ASB is currently borrowing school cameras and taking pictures for the yearbook.

Most ASB members feel that their current focus is football season and homecoming but know that the pressure will exponentially increase when the yearbook supplies are provided.Patience and support are two things that ASB students need during this time from other students and faculty. ASB is working with what they can.

ASB members are confident in themselves and their abilities to get the job done this year.