Opinion: Senior Portraits are worth it

September 13, 2022

By: Cassandra Aldana

During the Summer, seniors had the opportunity to begin scheduling their appointments for their senior portraits. At first, the deadline was until the end of the Summer, but they had to extend it until October 1st. It could be because many of us, seniors aren’t taking our portraits. 

Even though taking these photos may be expensive I would recommend saving up to purchase them.  

Not only will they be considered memories for ourselves, but they are graduation photos we can show our kids in the next 15 years or so. Those photos will also become symbols of our academic achievements and just prove that hard work is worth it. 

I don’t think we would want to look back in the future and regret not taking the photos because then we realize we missed out on an experience that most graduating students have. Senior Eduardo Hernandez said, “ Everyone is having this experience and you should allow yourself the privilege of making the most of your last year.” 

Taking these photos will also make our parents/guardians proud of our accomplishments. It shows them that everything they did for us to go to school wasn’t in vain. There are also countless areas where you can hang your portraits like your room, living room, bedside table, and more.

Our graduation pictures are also perfect gifts for our family members. Especially if most of your family has been graduating from the same high school. Senior photos are an opportunity to exemplify yourself as a role model to not only friends and family, but lower classmen that graduation is not far out of reach and that they can do it too.

I would say purchasing Senior portraits for ourselves is a very important milestone in our lives. These portraits are the end of our childhood years and the beginning of adulthood—isn’t that a moment worth capturing in time? We only graduate once!