El Rodeo beautifies campus

September 24, 2022

Last Tuesday, the El Rodeo communications staff decided to initiate an act of change onto their campus by picking up trash.

Once Mr. Zeko came up with the idea, the class jumped into the act. 

The staff team walked the halls of El Rancho High School during their fifth period which was the period right after lunch on that day with trash bags and gloves and collected trash.

Not only does this impact the cleanliness of the campus but it will inspire others to always throw their trash in trash cans or even pick up trash whenever they see it on the floor. 

With the promotion of what took place on various social media accounts, we hope others around campus will want to follow the El Rodeo Staff’s lead. 

Students who participated in cleaning up the campus were asked about their experience and what they feel the impact will be, many felt that the outcome of picking up trash was positive. 

Madison McIntyre said, “It is great because it will encourage others to do the same so it will keep our campus clean and represent our school in a positive way”. Michelle Anguiano said, “I think it was very helpful considering that not many students pick up after themselves.”

The El Rodeo staff encourages and wants to challenge other clubs and organizations of El Rancho to follow their lead and do good for the El Rancho environment at least once a week. 

This will help students on campus become inspired to keep our campus clean!

Never litter Dons!