Scary seniors take home the win

October 9, 2022

Rosie Barrios

Senior entrance to the Main gym for Night Pep Rally.

The Senior class getting ready to perform.

El Rancho hosted Night Pep Rally in the Old Gym this past Thursday, October 6th. Any guesses on what class walked away with the victory? If you guessed the Scary Seniors, you are correct.

With ASB working long hours on cardboard cutouts and backdrops for a month and a half prior to this event, the gym was filled with decor from each theme to keep each class animated throughout the night filled with dances and games: Surfin Freshman, Minion Sophomores, Joker Juniors, and Scary Seniors.

Classes participating in one of the games

The judges were  Mrs. Jazmin Chavez, Mrs. Edna Tristin, Ms. Roberta Gonzalez, Mrs. Qureshi, Mr. Pena, and Mrs. Nasouf.

This year, the seniors struggled with winning points through class games, but the senior dance skit is when they shined. The five-minute performance kept the class loud and excited for their final Night Pep Rally. Israel Piza (dressed as Michael Jackson) was the most spirited for seniors. He was the glue for the senior class by keeping them quiet when others were performing and loud for the senior chants.

The sophomores annihilated every class game. For example, Mrs. Aparicio, the advisor for the sophomores, defeated Mr. Jimenez, the advisor for the Juniors, when it came down to the final two seats in the game of musical chairs.

The Seniors won first by a good chunk, but the Juniors and Sophomores were close with only a 1/2 point differentiating the two, with the Juniors winning second.