New SSO Ty scanning the halls for students.

Staff Profile: New SSO Ty preaches practice makes progress

November 15, 2022

A new school safety officer on campus, Ty,  is undeniably enthusiastic while still being able to create a safe and professional environment.

His fresh face in the El Rancho halls is not to be confused with a new buddy who turns a blind eye. His serious stature might intimidate others, but he is only looking out for students.

Ty hopes to bring something new to the El Rancho campus. “I want to ensure that students follow directions regardless of gender or race because at the end of the day we all have to be great humans,” said Ty.

With a desire to create a connection with students, he wants to see how much impact he can instill in the students.

Ty is on the lookout for any students loitering the halls.

Ty feels strongly about school safety. “I want to make sure we are all somewhere where we could feel safe, in order to feel safe we must be on the same page in order to work as far as policies” When walking the halls, Ty wants students to always have a pass so he could know where they are going. “Always knowing your surroundings is important,” he said.

It is not always serious with Ty. He is not afraid to have a little fun.

Ty enjoys eating ceviche, going to the movies, hiking, bowling, and shopping for clothes. His favorite shoe brand is Nike and he enjoys photography. An interesting fact about him is that he is a former gymnast.

Ty attended school in South Central, Los Angeles. His top three favorite sports are basketball, football and golf.

Ty is a very optimistic person and lives by the motto practice make progress.  He said, “Many people say practice makes perfect but I do not agree with that because as much as we try we will never be perfect because there is always room for improvement.”

Dons, when you see Ty around campus, introduce yourself and make him feel welcomed on campus. But always make sure you have a pass on you!