Blue Team “Schools” the Competition!

May 2, 2023

Blue team preparing for Don Games to start

The blue team, class of 2023 and 2026 defeated the gray team, class of 2024 and 2025 at Don Games.

“Personally I feel like everyone knows gray team won,” said Crysta Gutierrez, junior ASB member about the loss to blue team. “Our team was better when it came to the games, skit and costumes.”

“I think the gray team should’ve won this year because we cheered louder,” said this years horse mascot Andrew Carabez.

“The blue team deserved to win because our team showed lots of school spirit and put up a good fight,” said Claudia Banuelos.

“The blue team was much more spirited not only during Don Games, but during Don Games spirit week,” said varsity basketball captain Daniel Lemus. “The decorations created by our ASB class were great.”

“I had the best night of my life,” said Scarlet Lopez who participated in blue team skit.

Our varsity baseball team preparing to participate in a game

With the bleachers packed, the spirit and energy of the blue team was contagious. The enthusiasm coming from the seniors and freshmen showed, especially when rooting for their team.

“This years Don Games was different than past for me, my friends and I supported our team by dressing in theme which made the experience more exciting,” said Nicolas Villarreal.

“My last Don Games was a memorable night being with my friends and senior class,” said varsity baseball captain Juan Contreras. “I felt sad walking through the doors knowing it was my last high school pep rally, so I knew I had to make the best out of it.”

Castor Villegas, Giovanni Cabrera and Christian Elias celebrating the win over gray team

When blue team was pronounced the champions of the night, the gym floor became flooded and the classes of 2023 and 2026 took in their victory together.

“The win my team took was exciting but the end of the pep rally was bittersweet because this years Don Games was my first and last that I have attended,” said ASB Treasurer Giovanna Hernandez.

Despite the rivalry between the two teams, everyone in attendance could agree that the night was all about having fun with friends, cheering for their teams and celebrating being a Don.