Breaking News
  • May 31Don't forget to turn in books, textbooks, Chromebooks, and pay any fines before the last day!
  • May 312024 yearbook distribution at the activities window
  • May 21Check out our print archives to view El Rodeo newspapers from 2007-2019!
  • May 3Graduation June 8th at ELAC!!
  • April 18Join the 2024-2025 El Rodeo Staff!! Talk to your counselor
The Student News Site of El Rancho High School, Pico Rivera, CA, 90660

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

Polls

Are you ready for graduation and the last day of school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Benson Boeen is sharing Beautiful Things with his fans!

Up-and-coming artist, Benson Boeen, is currently making his way up the ladder of the pop world with his new hit single “Beautiful Things” which dropped on all platforms, on January 18th.

“Beautiful Things,” is a soulful harmonic song that over the past two weeks has amassed over 25 million streams on Spotify and over four million views on YouTube. 

This is an anthem for people all over the world, as Boeen first discusses the feelings of being thankful to God for all the wonderful things He has given to the artist. Then as we dive into the chorus the song intensifies with rock elements such as electric guitars and drums, while Boeen begs for these things that he has received not to be taken away from him. “Oh, I hope I don’t lose you, Please stay, I want you, I need you, oh God, Don’t take, These beautiful things that I’ve got.” 

Although the lyrics aren’t the only thing that should compel you to give this song a listen. Boeen’s exceptional voice adds a completely new layer to the tune, that makes it easy to want to play the song over and over again. This seems to be a common theme in his music as his vocals are described to be a “trademark”, and a “powerhouse” of his. 

But with all this talk about Boeen, you may be wondering “Who exactly is Benson Boeen?” 

Boeen is a 21-year-old singer-songwriter from  Monroe WA. Despite his young age, Boeen has an impressive discography under his belt of 2 EP’s, and ten singles. 

Surprisingly, music has not always been Boeen’s passion though. He has stated that his first introduction to the music scene was in high school when he and his friends joined a Battle of the Bands competition. Boeen originally volunteered to play piano, but when the lead frontman backed out, on a whim he agreed to sing. “I didn’t know I could sing” “But it just kind of worked,” says Boeen.

After this Boeen went on to join the 19th season of the hit show, American Idol. Although Boeen dropped out to perfect his craft, this did not slow down his upcoming career one bit. Sometime later, the frontman of Imagine Dragons, Dan Reynold reached out to the young singer and invited him out to Las Vegas. Impressed, Reynold immediately signed Boeen to his label Night Street Record.

Now, Boeen is fast becoming a pop sensation with his love for music and impressive ambition. Anyone interested in listening to more of Boeen’s catchy music can also listen to his latest EP, “PULSE,” and dedicated fans will be happy to hear that he is coming to a stop near them with his latest tour announcement the “Fireworks & Rollerblades” world tour taking place in the summer through fall of 2024.