Breaking News
  • May 31Don't forget to turn in books, textbooks, Chromebooks, and pay any fines before the last day!
  • May 312024 yearbook distribution at the activities window
  • May 21Check out our print archives to view El Rodeo newspapers from 2007-2019!
  • May 3Graduation June 8th at ELAC!!
  • April 18Join the 2024-2025 El Rodeo Staff!! Talk to your counselor
The Student News Site of El Rancho High School, Pico Rivera, CA, 90660

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

Polls

Are you ready for graduation and the last day of school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Gaming Chat: Clash of Clans

This week on “The Gaming chat” I recommend the video game that goes by the name “Clash of Clans.” A game made by a popular gaming company known by many mobile gamers “Supercell.”

Supercell is a Finnish mobile game development company based on Helsinki. Helsinki is the southern capital of Finland and is the third largest municipality in the Nordic countries after Stockholm and Oslo, and its urban area is the second largest in the Nordic countries. Founded on 14 May 2010, the company’s debut game was the browser game Gunshine.net, and after its release in 2011, Supercell started developing games for mobile devices. 

Supercell has made multiple video games throughout the years. Supercell is known for making the following games in their lifetime, Hay day, Clash of Clans, Boom beach, Brawl stars, Clash quest, Everdale, Clash mini and a recent one called Squad Busters. But enough of those we are here to talk about Clash of Clans. I have recently interviewed a teacher about this game. He is a Clash of Clans player and he is currently on 4 accounts. He previously maxed out his first three and he is grinding on his fourth currently on the 29th of February. 

His name is Mr. Sorenson, a teacher at El Rancho high school and we asked a few things about “Clash of Clans” and what we should know about the game. He says “So Clash of Clans, I’m not sure if I should recommend it for everybody because you can get very addicted to it and it takes up a lot of your time.” Most games can be addicting whether it can be addicting just for fun or people get an obsession with it. Which is not very good. He continues by saying, “I used to have one account and now I have four accounts. So I spend way too much time playing that game” He then says “But it is a lot of fun, you get to meet people online because there’s clan chats. So you can get to know the people that are on your team. I like it because of the strategies, you get to learn different strategies for attack and you can build your own base” He explains how it’s on the creative side of gaming, it’s very interactive and there are youtube channels that have strategies and information on the game itself. 

Finally the conclusion to this article is that Clash of Clans is an interesting game that requires strategy and creativity to play the game. Or you don’t have to be a creative person to play this, it’s just a fun game worth trying out. So try it for yourself, it’s free to play and it is on the app store and google play.