Breaking News
  • May 31Don't forget to turn in books, textbooks, Chromebooks, and pay any fines before the last day!
  • May 312024 yearbook distribution at the activities window
  • May 21Check out our print archives to view El Rodeo newspapers from 2007-2019!
  • May 3Graduation June 8th at ELAC!!
  • April 18Join the 2024-2025 El Rodeo Staff!! Talk to your counselor
The Student News Site of El Rancho High School, Pico Rivera, CA, 90660

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

Polls

Are you ready for graduation and the last day of school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Rise of Podcasts

Podcasts have become popular amongst the younger generation. There are many different podcast clips that have been posted on social media that catch many people. Podcasts are also a good way to relieve stress and improve on ones listening skills. 

There are many ways to listen to podcasts nowadays, you can either listen through YouTube, Patreon or Spotify. Most podcast listeners are in high school, and podcasts are now easily available throughout most social media platforms.  

One popular podcast that has been going around lately is the “CANCELED” podcast with Tana Mongeau and Brooke Schofield. Many people watch their podcast because she talks about influencers/celebrities which many young people tune in for. 

Another popular podcast is “Emergency Intercom” with Enya Umanzor and Drew Phillips. They are known for their funny jokes and clips are often posted on social media which catches the young audience. They have also previously held live events and pop-ups in Los Angeles which can wrap around the street.

Another popular podcast is “Just Trish Podcast” with Trisha Paytas. Trisha Paytas is a TikToker with a following of 9.2M. On her podcast she invites many influencers, such as Jake Webber, Brooke Schofield and Terrie Joe.

A reason why Podcasts are so popular amongst the high school students is because many enjoy listening to them while finishing up work or starting on an assignment. Listening to podcasts can also help students focus and get their work done at a faster pace. I personally know many people that enjoy listening to podcasts while working out, doing homework, or just doing many day to day activities. Podcasts are slowly but surely making their way back to high school students.