Breaking News
  • May 31Don't forget to turn in books, textbooks, Chromebooks, and pay any fines before the last day!
  • May 312024 yearbook distribution at the activities window
  • May 21Check out our print archives to view El Rodeo newspapers from 2007-2019!
  • May 3Graduation June 8th at ELAC!!
  • April 18Join the 2024-2025 El Rodeo Staff!! Talk to your counselor
The Student News Site of El Rancho High School, Pico Rivera, CA, 90660

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

Polls

Are you ready for graduation and the last day of school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Track & Field: Preparing for an exciting season

El Rancho High School’s track and field team is prepared for an exciting season, filled with promise, dedication, and greatness. As athletes lace up their spikes and coaches adjust training routines, anticipation is set in motion for what the season holds in store.

Under the guidance of the outstanding coaches, Coach Joshua Perea, Coach Wyatt Sandoval, Coach Brandon Villalobos, Coach Juan Carlos, and Coach Gabriel Garcia, the track and field program is on its way to immense success. With a focus on cultivating both individual talent and team cohesion, they have all instilled a culture of hard work, perseverance, and continuous commitment among every athlete.

While the 2024 season nears, the spotlight shifts to the star athletes who represent El Rancho. This year’s roster is filled with such dedicated players from young potential to established veterans. With a mix of sprinters, distance runners, jumpers, throwers, and relay teams, El Rancho possesses a well-rounded squad capable of competing at high levels.

One of the characteristics of the El Rancho track and field team is their dedication to relentless improvement and pushing the boundaries of their abilities. Throughout the offseason, athletes have been putting in the hard work, logging countless miles on the track, perfecting their technique, and developing their skills in preparation for the challenges that lie ahead.

With a strong core of returning athletes, including standout sprinters, distance runners, and field event specialists, El Rancho is ready to leave its mark in the Del Rio League. Whether it’s blazing down the straightaway in the 100-meter dash, soaring through the air in the jumps pit, or throwing powerfully in the shot put circle, these athletes are ready to give it their all this season and perform.

Off the track, the team’s connection and unity are what keep each other going, with athletes supporting and motivating each other to surpass their limits. From early morning workouts to late training sessions, the bonds among teammates are as crucial to their success as the speed in their legs or the strength in their arms.

As league meets creep near, excitement is reaching among athletes, coaches, and supporters. The anticipation of competition, the thrill of victory is what pushes these athletes to strive for a new goal every time. With determination, dedication, and commitment to exc
ellence, the El Rancho track and field team is ready for what the 2024 season has to offer!