Breaking News
  • May 31Don't forget to turn in books, textbooks, Chromebooks, and pay any fines before the last day!
  • May 312024 yearbook distribution at the activities window
  • May 21Check out our print archives to view El Rodeo newspapers from 2007-2019!
  • May 3Graduation June 8th at ELAC!!
  • April 18Join the 2024-2025 El Rodeo Staff!! Talk to your counselor
The Student News Site of El Rancho High School, Pico Rivera, CA, 90660

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

Polls

Are you ready for graduation and the last day of school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

El Rancho Track and Field Senior Night!

Every year, athletes who participate in a sport get the opportunity to experience a Senior Night in high school for each sport they participate in. Each athlete only gets one Senior Night. Many athletes look forward to this moment as it reminds them that their high school season/career is ending.

El Rancho’s Track and Field Team held their Senior Night on April 18th at Santa Fe High School, after a Dual Meet where they defeated the Santa Fe Chiefs. The Dons celebrated their Senior Night with a little over 22 Seniors. Athletes, Coaches, families, and fans came together to honor these Seniors who have dedicated their time, talent, and commitment to the sport.

For many seniors worldwide, Senior Night marks the culmination of their years of hard work and sacrifice for the sport they love. It allows them to take time and reflect on the moment of their journey from the early practices to hard-fought victories and heartbreaking defeats. It is also a time to cherish the friendships made on the track that were also strong off the track.  

Senior Night can be emotional for some as it is a reminder that after these seniors graduate, they may never see their teammates, coaches, or friends again. This special event means the world to every senior who has played their heart out for their sport. As each senior’s name is called out, cheers fill the air for their dedication and leadership to the team.

This is a bittersweet moment to realize that their final time wearing a jersey is coming to an end. Their final relay race, disc throw, or long jump is around the corner and a new chapter will begin for them soon. So let’s allow these seniors to have their special moments and celebrate them for their hard work and dedication.