Breaking News
  • May 31Don't forget to turn in books, textbooks, Chromebooks, and pay any fines before the last day!
  • May 312024 yearbook distribution at the activities window
  • May 21Check out our print archives to view El Rodeo newspapers from 2007-2019!
  • May 3Graduation June 8th at ELAC!!
  • April 18Join the 2024-2025 El Rodeo Staff!! Talk to your counselor
The Student News Site of El Rancho High School, Pico Rivera, CA, 90660

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

El Rodeo

Who will take the crown?

Homecoming 2023
Alexander Saavedra
Homecoming King and Queen Daniel Robledo and Audrinnah Guerrero

Homecoming is a big deal in a high schooler’s life. It’s a time when everyone comes together to celebrate school spirit and create unforgettable memories. 

The football game, the dance, and all the festivities make it a highlight of the school year. For seniors, homecoming is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. 

For the students running, homecoming can be a time of chaos and stress as well. “I ran for homecoming king because you only live once, you know?” said Johnny, a senior at El Rancho High School.

“I feel the other candidates are cool people and it’s all for fun so I don’t dislike any of them.”

“It would mean a lot to me if I was homecoming king because I can feel like I did enough in high school”. 

When asked about what came out of his campaign, Johnny said “I actually gained a lot of friends and I now know more people than I did before so it was a good and fun experience”

Johnny Rodriguez is currently running for homecoming king and is up against seniors Nikko Diaz, Daniel Robledo, Brandon Curiel, and Mauricio Martinez. Johnny hopes to gain enough votes to take the crown.

Audrinnah Guerrero, senior, was enthusiastic about her campaign for homecoming queen. 

“It would mean a lot to me if I was queen I do feel like I worked hard and obviously my sister wanted me to run, she helped me out a lot and the same with my friends so if I won it wouldn’t be just for me but it would be for them too and all the hard work they contributed”, Audrinnah said.

“I hope to have gained good communication skills and leadership skills. I definitely had to break out of my shell for this experience and it definitely benefited me in the way of not being as scared to talk to people.”

When asked about why she is running,  Audrinnah said, “I’m running for homecoming queen because I’m a senior and I thought campaigning would be fun and my sister who is currently a freshman really wanted me too”. 

“I’m friends with most of the other candidates I don’t know some of the others. I’m not a sore loser or anything like that I just did this for fun so there’s no ill will towards any other candidate.” Audrinnah will be running up against seniors Crystal Villasenor, Jessica Sanchez, Mia Islas, and Laura Estrada. 

Whether you are a nominee or a student, homecoming will be a memorable experience. If you’re unsure about going to homecoming, do it. 

If you are a senior, go. You won’t have a chance to do it again.

View Comments (1)
Donate to El Rodeo
$525
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of El Rancho High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.